|INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES TAKING DUKE-ELDER EXAMINATION|
|Name: John Smith
THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF OPHTHALMOLOGISTS
Instructions to candidates taking Extended Matching Question papers
1) CANDIDATES MUST USE THE PENCIL PROVIDED ON THE DESK TO
2) Candidates must PRINT their names on the EMQ Answer Sheet and fill in the box headed Candidate Number.
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
3) Candidates must decide which item is correct and mark the Answer Sheet BOLDLY with the pencil provided by filling in the appropriate response for each item.
e.g. If you think the answer to question 1 is E then complete the mark
sheet as follows:
ONLY ONE BOX SHOULD BE FILLED IN FOR EACH ITEM.
4) CANDIDATES SHOULD MARK THEIR ANSWERS CLEARLY.
5) THE FOLLOWING SYSTEM OF MARKING WILL APPLY:
If an answer is left blank it will be read as a Don't Know.
6) Candidates may change their selection by erasing them completely with the rubber provided and may then make an alternative selection.
7) Candidates are advised to go right through the paper, answering what questions they can, and then return to the other questions. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TRANSFER YOUR ANSWERS TO THE ANSWER SHEET.
8) CANDIDATES SHOULD REMAIN IN THEIR PLACES AT THE END OF THE
EMQ PAPERS, CANDIDATE NAME CARDS, TIMETABLES AND INSTRUCTIONS ON THE COMPLETION OF EMQ PAPERS MUST NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE EXAMINATION HALL. IF ANY OF THESE GO MISSING, THE CANDIDATE CAN BE IDENTIFIED AND THE MATTER WILL BE REFERRED TO THE COLLEGE COUNCIL.
TIME ALLOWED FOR EACH EXAMINATION: 1½ HOURS