Candidate 13 Centre: Edinburgh
Date: November, 2000
Pathology & Surgery Viva
- Discussion of the relative merits of ECCE & phako
- Assessment of ptosis, surgical management and complications
- Pathology of entropion & surgical treatment, including a description of a Wiess's procedure.
- Endophthalmitis: presentation, microbiology & treatment
Medicine & Neurology in relation to ophthalmology viva
- Management of third nerve palsy
- Ophthalmoscopic appearance of papilloedema
- Causes of CWS
- Management of amaurosis Fugax including drug treatment & surgical management of carotid artery stenosis
- Complications of steroid treatment.
Myopic patient with ACIOLs and macular degeneration
Phaco trab with discussion on target pressures in glaucoma management
Pigment dispersion syndrome
Posterior segment naevus
RAPD in patient with one dilated pupil
Clinical medicine & neurology
Long standing traumatic CCF
TED investigations and management of ON compression
Iatrogenic V, VII, VIII n palsy secondary to cerebellopontine tumour surgery, discussion on the management of exposure keratopathy.
RhA and scleromalacia perforans
Oculocutaneous albinism, discussion on the management of the patient &
causes of decreased vision
Disc collateral, causes.
Visual field examination and management of pituitary tumours.
Return to the main page