and Ophthalmic medicine - Viva
1. Basal cell carcinoma and management
of lid reconstruction
2. Squamous cell carcinoma of the
maxillary sinus causing a hypertropia
3. NVD pathology in the retina,
pathological changes in diabetic retinopathy
4. Penetrating eye injury management,
risks of surgery, pathology of
5. Corneal ulcer – management, pathology
6. Post operative inflammation and
infection - endophthalmitis
Ophthalmic medicine in relation
to neurology and general medicine
1. TIA – history, Differential diagnosis,
2. CVS complications leading to visual
3. Systemic drugs causing ocular
4. CRAO management.
5. Paralytic ectropion due to 7 CN
6. X ray with dystrophic calcification
on the maxillary, mandibular,
frontal bones – Differential diagnosis.
7. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca causes
8. Visual field with unilateral optic
atrophy and contra lateral junctional
– causes, pitutary tumors and ophthalmic manifestations.
RE – Aphakia with contact lenses
LE – penetrating keratoplasty, pseudo
Bilateral old ECCE limbal scars.
Reasons for the graft and the reason
why she had contact lenses
RE 360 indent, LE treated uveal
Reasons for treatment and differential
Bilateral nebular opacities in the
Differential diagnosis and management
LE partially recovered third nerve
History from a patient with gradual
loss of vision during the day
Left macular hole stage 4
RE - polycystic bleb,
LE 270 peripheral anterior synechiae,
iris bombe, neovascular glaucoma, mutton fat endothelial KP’s
Reasons for the appearance
Bilateral Exudative ARMD
Reasons and other modalities of
Thyroid eye disease with pendular
nystagmus, Fuch’s heterochromic iridocyclitis. Questioins on treatment
of thyroid, complications of Fuch’s and management of Fuch’s.
Clinicially significant macular
oedema with focal laser modified grid with peripheral neuropathy. Questions
on management of this lady in the outpatient clinic from history.
Duane’s with limitation of elevation
and depression on adduction with head posutre. Questions on differenital
Total tarsoraphy with 7th cranial
nerve palsy, with aberrant regeneration h/o surgery for acoustic neuroma.
Questions on Neurofibroma
Collateral vessels on the disc,
treatment of hypertension and diabetes and other risk factors.
Retinitis pigmantosa with penetrating
keratoplasty in one eye
Systemic complications of retinitis